Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Severe pain due to rheumatoid arthritis. Taking folitrax, folvite and medrol. Right medication?

my name is suman saha. my mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis & is having a severe pain. we have done some test, RA factor came 640 & ESR 68 & many other test. presently my mother is taking folitrax 7.5mg, folvite, osteoset ,medrol & sorbiline prescribed by one local doctor. i want to know whether this medicine is proper or not.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

Drugs , your mother are taking for rheumatoid arthritis are disease modifying antirheumatoid drugs (DMARDs) and steroids.

Folitrax is Folic acid antagonist and a good disease modifing drug and folvite is folic acid which is given to counteract the deficiency.

These drugs are proper and you must take drugs regularly under guidence of your doctor and get periodic check up and blood test.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Rheumatologist Dr. Divya Agarwal's  Response
from your reports it seems like the disease is out of control.
she is on the right medicines however the dose of folitrax is very low.
i suggest you see a rheumatologist urgently and get her reviewed.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor