Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Severe pain after hurting arms under ribs due to fall, pain moves to shoulder blade. Should I see a doctor ?

Hello: Well, I see a lot of others have had the same problem...I fell down a flight of stairs from an upright position. I landed with my head hitting the door at the bottom, and apparently, my arm under my ribs. It has been 2 weeks and the pain is still pretty severe. ibupropen s have helped, but the pain seems to move to my shoulder blade in my back and in the front also. Should I see a doctor? I heard there is really nothing to be done if I fractured my rib. Its the biggest one, on top of the sternum. thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

As it has been more than 2 weeks after injury and your symptoms are still persisting, it implies a significant injury either to the soft tissues or the bones.

An xray of the injured area is necessary to diagnose a bony injury -fracture. An MRI scan is essential to detect any soft tissue pathology in the injured area.

You definitely need to consult a doctor for further workup and management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor