Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Severe pain after burning the skin on the leg accidentally. Skin is reddish and sore. Need to go to doctor?

I burned my leg on a motorcycle pipe about 5 days ago, for the first few days it was fine, a little sore and red, now I cant even put pressure on it, and i am in extreme pain, i will just be laying there and it tenses up really bad ive never felt a pain like this before, i donnot have insurance to go to the hospital what should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

It is the post burn inflammation is what causing the pain.

If you get fever and see the burn wound swelling up , you may have to visit the doctor then as it may be infected.

Take Tab Motrin 400 twice daily for three days,this will reduce the pain.

Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor