Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
It seems from your description that might have sustained a traumatic rupture of the lumbar intervertebral disc
causing compression of the nerve root
resulting in radicular symptoms (tingling
and numbness) in your entire right leg.
The initial management of your problem will be as follows -
* avoid lifting heavy weights
* avoid forward bending activities
* Use a lumbosacral back support
* Intermittent pelvic traction which causes a regression of the protruded disc
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants.
If you fail to have any improvement in your symptoms, then an MRI scan of Lumbar spine
is needed to diagnose the exact problem.
Consult an orthopedic surgeon and follow his advice.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day