Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Severe outburst of acne. Prescribed adapalene, benzoyle peroxide, wallace brite night. Treatment?

Hi, I m a 24yr girl and i ve suddenly had a severe outburst of acne . I ve been prescribed a combination of adapalene , clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide for 30 mins.It worked initially but it seems to have stopped working now. I m also applying Wallace- Brite night cream at night to reduce the acne marks but there is no improvement. Can you please suggest me an alternative/additional treatment for my condition. Regards Priyam
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Priyamvada,
To treat acne, you may follow these
Use a salicylic acid based face wash like saslic or a face wash meant for oily skin like cetaphil oily skin cleanser.
Apply clindamycin or benzoyl peroxide gel in morning and adapalene gel in night over acne lesions
Apply Kojic cream over acne pigmentation spots
You may also consult a dermatologist to consider the need of oral anti acne drugs like azithromycin/ doxycycline/ minocycline or isotretinoin in your case as sometimes acne does not respond to topical therapy alone
Get your blackheads or white heads extracted regularly
Do not indulge in facials or massages.

Hope that solves your query. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor