Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Severe numbness, sharp pain and tingling in thigh and a growing lump. What is going on?

Hello, I have no medical insurance (currently) but need to know what is going on. I have been experiencing severe numbness, sharp pain, and tingling in my upper right thigh for a couple of years now and is getting increasingly worse (especially when I stand for an extended period of time). I took a closer look at my thigh recently and now my right thigh is slightly bigger than my left and appears to have a lump in the area that is the problem. These symptoms appear to be getting worse and now I am experiencing increasing sharp pain, sensitivity to touch, and increased warmth around the lump . These symptoms appear to diminish when sitting but there is always a lingering dull pain in between the episodes. The lump does not appear to be increasing in size. I also started to develop some kind of rash on the palms of both hands that peels and flakes then comes back (over the past six months or so). As I recall, I have never had a rash of any kind in memory . Any clues as to what is going on with my thigh and if this rash is linked to my leg issue? Thank you, Cheryl.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

I don't think that there exists a relation or link between your thigh pain and rash in your hands and both of them may be different conditions.

Presence of pain, tenderness and warmth over the swelling indicates that it is of Inflammatory origin. Propably, this swelling might be causing pressure over the surrounding neurovascular structures in the upper thigh zone producing the symptoms of tingling and numbness.

An MRI scan of the involved area will diagnose the extent and nature of the swelling and management of the condition depends on the diagnosis made.

I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation and management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Mon, 21 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor