Severe night sweats, recurring condition. Cause of concern?

Hi. I am a 23 year old female. I woke up during the night with terrible night sweats . I literally soaked the bed and my clothes. I was dripping in sweat. This isn t the first time. It has been happening more frequently but when I got up this morning to get ready for class I realized I had soaked through my pants and completely peed myself. I m nervous! I m also embarrassed to call the doctor.
Tue, 10 Sep 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your descriptions. The first question you have to answer is whether you slept with too much covers on and slept in humid or hot atmosphere or the atmosphere heat varies at night frequently. You also said that this happened several time and recently you had an episode of night peeing.

I shall advice you to ignore these after analyzing the conditions of those nights you had these episodes.Mainly because there are so many causes of night sweat or more accurately hot flashes.If these hot flashes are so frequent, then you should visit your general practitioner for further diagnosis.

There are many causes like hormonal problems, low sugar levels, neurological problems, Some infectious diseases etc,. Your GP should be able to advice you better. Don't feel embarassed, after all we are at the mercy of others.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.