Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Severe muscle bruise that has lasted 9 months

Hi. I have a bruise that I got last summer and it is still dark blue. There is a dent in my muscle where it is bruised. I am only 24 yrs old and this bruise/ indention is bigger round than a doornob. I am asking if there is something I can do for it because I obviously did severe damage to the muscle. It appears to be dying . It is beginning to worry me. I take regular vitamins everyday. Is there anyone who knows some kind of medicne/ cream that I can use to prevent this from being permanent?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

The bruise is caused due to collection of blood in the surrounding tissue due to leak from capillaries.. first it becomes blue, green, yellow and black... it resovles by itself if is not disturbed or any discharge... if it is open and oozing of pus is present then dressing is needed... not to manipulate.. it takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal.. for pain you can take analgesics no cream or ointment is needed...
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor