Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Severe mood swings, violent, erratic behaviour, maniac. Proper means of getting admitted to hospital?

I am from Chennai. A close relative of mine has severe Mood swings and is known to exhibit violence as well. Physical abuse was also part of his behavior. His erratic behavior and Mania have been one of fear in the household for quite some time,however this behavior changes with respect to situations and people,He is never known to exhibit behavior depicting Mental Illness when around certain people. He also has a fear that everyone is out to get him. Also note that he is very well capable of talking his way out of any situation as he did the same when we previously consulted a Counselor. What would be the proper means of getting him admitted to a Hospital??
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
If he is not going to hospital by his own, there is legal provision for such cases- any one of relative who has seen the patient in last 2 weeks may request the magistrate of city in written that the patient requires admission but requires police help. He will help you.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor