Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Severe mood swings, anxiety, anger and insomnia. Had postpartum depression. How can I cure this naturally?

Hi, I m 33 yrs old female and I m experiencing severe mood swings, anxiety , anger and insomnia . 18 mons ago I gave birth to my second child and experienced postpartum depression , which lasted 7-8 months after the birth. Although I do not think I have the postpartum depression any longer, I do not feel like myself anymore. I don t think my hormones ever fully went back to normal. I would like to know what your professional opinion is regarding this matter and what I can do naturally to heal myself. I do not believe in pharmaceutical drugs if not completely necessary. Thank you for your response
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
You may be experiencing the mania of an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. If your mood is more irritable and/or elevated, rather than depressed, this could well be the case. Bipolar disorder can manifest first as a major depressive disorder and the ,ania can appear later in time. Do consult a mental health professional about it if you have concerns. I hope you beginning to improve!
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor