Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Severe lower abdominal pain, difficulty in bowel movement, burst cyst on ovary causing free fluid in pelvis. Will it subside without treatment?

i have just been kicked out of hospital as they wanted my bed and put as an out patient i was taken in on wednesday afternoon with severe lower abdominal pains the next day after a painfull sleepless night and inadiquet pain relief i had a scan the doctor who was very nice came to see me straight away and said i had a burst cyst on my ovary which had caused a foliacl to colapse and had free fulid in my pelvis he said the best thing to do was to leave it and see if it settles on its own over the next 24 hours if not he would do a laparosopy to drain the fulid which was irratating part of my bowel which wasnt working and make sure i didnt have endametriosis. over the next 24 hrs the pain didnt ease at all i was ignored when i asked for stronger pain relief . but then on the friday all of a sudden ( after hearing the nurses saying the needed 3 beds asap . i was told i could go home and another doctor came within 1o mins ta say i was going home and put as an out patient and would get an appointment in 4-6 weeks then left . is this safe to leave or should i go back im still very uncomfortable and have not had a bowel movement since tuesday when the pain started i have taken stuff for it but its not helped my stomach is still swollen
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
Ruptures cyst with fluid in abdomen will be absorbed by our body and usually the symptoms get relieved on its own but some times laproscopy is needed to wash out the fluid in abdomen.
It is not safe to stay at home when your symptoms still persist. The fluid might get infected or cause adhesions to intestine on long term.
I advice you to visit your physician. You need to undergo laproscopy if pain persists or regular follow ups and ultrasound if the acute symptoms have subsided so that your follicles can be monitored and complications of fluid on long term managed.
All the best
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor