Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Severe knee pain since pregnancy, surgery done, have difficulty in walking. Advised Cartigen forte. Will it help?

i am 31 yrs old when i was 5 moths preganant from that month on ward i am get started pain in my knee i even can t sit down. when i visit for this treatment osthopedic doctor told me after delivery u take the treatment. as it will affect u r baby. & after delivery my pain become severe. agin i visit he told to stop feeding ur child so we can start the treatment. i neglect. after 1 yr he done the surgery of my leg. but even i cant walk properly at all. now he sugest to take Cartigen forte is it good to take
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi urmilla
you should mention it clearly about what surgery you had for what.
but it seems you had a type of arthritis and arthroscopy was done.
your question is about cartigen forte.
its a new drug.
it contains chondroitin sulfate,glucosamine sulfate,minerals etc.
these are the chemicals present in joint fluid.
so it seems it will help in replacing that.
but clearcut evidence is lacking.
though from personal experience i can say some benefits are there.
it is being prescribed in good amount now a days.
so dont worry you can take them.
hope it will help.
good luck.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor