Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Severe itching in the anus, have irritated skin with small raised lumps. Can I relieve it with baby powder?

My taint has been itching for like 4 months now...itches like a bug bite does. I will itch it untill it hurts to touch, and I haven t looked but you can feel where the skin is irritated, small raised lump. I do not have any std s or anything of that nature. Is this serious? Will baby powder or gold bond stop the itching and it will heal itself? I am ahealthy 26/m.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
there is nothing to be worry .
you must avoid scratching and rubbing over the area .
what you have is known as intertrigo .
it is mainly due to friction ,perspiration and warm environment .
you need to keep the area clean and dry .
wear loose and cotton cloths.
apply antifungal powder and cream .
better to consult dermatologist .
i hope i answered your question .
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor