Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Severe itching, fungal problems, took antibiotics, no improvement. What should I do?

Hi, I have severe itching every once in a while, any sores or bites I get take forever to heal, my hair is falling out or breaking off, I have been bruising very easy more so than normal might be a type of paracyte. I did get a bite on my foot with a slight dark looking skin type rash that itched and then stopped itching after that night, I got that bite in my cousins bedroom and she is very sexually active and I don t know if that matters, my skin is peeling on my fingers and some on my feet around the nails and cut my nails short so I couldnt scratch my self up at night because my badly burnt back started to itch horribly and my skin felt like something was crawling around just beneath it and I am a well grounded person so it got bad and I thought I was going nuts . I later got a fungus maybe ringworm . I came in contact with the mold about 1 month and 1 week ago. I believe was black mold because its on the out side of my house on the old wood siding and I mean so old its rotting at the bottoms with black and a green mold that was climbing up it and black and green mold on the shingles that I sprayed off and I believe I got it in the window air conditioner unit and didnt realize that for about a week. I did use bleach when cleaning the mold but no gloves and had a couple small cuts on my hands. I didnt think after I cleaned the mold and dug a trench around the porch because we live on a hill and water will come in the front door so I dug a trench and half the time was using my hands in the soil. We also have asbestos siding under the old wood siding that is breaking away and has been for a long time. I might have cut my finger on a piece of that but my husband said you have to inhale it for it to hurt you and I had it very wet outside when I was cleaning and digging the trench. I was taking some antibiotics at the time and got severely burnt on my back that day and I mean it was really bad and even days after continued to get worse. Later so many problems ocured. My dogs were even sneezing constantly and scratching contsantly. I have a family 2 young boys 12 and 10 and only one partner my husband which has always had problems with ringworm or fungus and his skin is darkened for the most part where he has these issues. He had been itching a lot and itching scaled skin away and I ride him about it but never had gotten it and neither had the boys. Well, We all got a fungus and went to the doc and got some creme and were battling that but I have gotten the worst of it I got sick both times when I cleaned the outside mold off the home and when I remembered to clean the air conditioner window unit because I sprayed mold off the shingles from above the air window unit and thought maybe it had gotten in the unit. I was stupid for not thinking and for even messing with the mold. When I cleaned the air unit my son started sneezing and runny nose for several days and that is why I took them both to the doc that and the fungus they began to get. It started for me with severe itching where my burn was, skin crawling, shortness of breath and when I would touch or scratch certain things my fingers would kind of tingle weird feeling, any wounds I had would nt heal up and I had wounds from weed eating and wearing shorts they started to get irritated and kind of infected and I started using triple antibiotic ointment on it all and vasaline mixed with that on my horribly burnt back. I had already been bruising easy and easier than normal but that got a little worse as well as time went on, I deep conditioned my hair one day covered with plastic for like a half day and all of a sudden a bunch and it was a lot of infection yellowish color mucus dropped into my throat and a puss bump formed on the back of my throat and keep in mind I was taking antibiotic for an infected tooth that the dentist drilled medicated and filled before all this and was still taking antibiotic. I was coughing from there on out and spitting it out and later it just became clear but was continuing coughing and spitting it out. I every so often will get infected looking pimples on chest, shoulders, face, behind the knees sometimes or on my thigh or any where and I dont normally have that problem. Im afraid that I have a parasite or possibly and I hate to even think but maybe body lice . My cousin and aunt are not like me and they are very sexually active with well... guys that I believe sleep around. A long while back my abdomen area was hurting a long with the left side and lasted for a long time a long with irregular bleeding I think caused by sex with my husband and could be cyists irritated I dont know. I hadnt had a regular period in a long while and I passed a few huge blood clots that really scared me and about this time my cousin said she ended up with a sexually transmitted disease but said I couldnt get it from being around her. I kept this all from my doctor from embarrassment. I only have one partner and Ive only been with 2 guys in my entire life. I have always been a very clean person so Ive been pretty freaked out about it cause It just feels like the plague . I have been obsessively cleaning inside our home now. This itching goes away after a day or two and then has came back a few times. I will scrub my self with lye soap and take a bath and or a shower a couple times a day and Im sure to clean the bathtub well after and then it comes back maybe a week or less later for a a short while. The crawling skin comes back and itching and I think its a parasite or some kind of bug hatching or inbedding under the skin. I could be reinfecting when I am visiting my Grandpa where my aunt and cousin live. It could be my husband and I hate to think that but he could have got it from me going over and visiting. My immune system seams suppressed and I take daily vitamins. I feel like the mold is the cause and then the bad immune system because I take pain medication from woking 12 years very hard outdoor labor. We live in a very very old house and Im the only one that cleaned the mold with out gloves and mask and later read that I should have used. I have chest pains and trouble breathing and it is better over but still have troubles at times and always at night when laying down. I did pass two very large blood clots back when I was having irregular bleeding and now the irregular bleeding is back and a few days ago I passed a couple huge blood clots again one day after being intimate with my husband. Im scared and tired of all these problems but am only self pay and cant afford everything I need so I deal the best I can and aI did go to my doctor and told him only about the mold and he gave me an abuteral inhaler and some cream for the skin.Im tired of my husband not understanding and he looks at me like Im a bit crazy and I can assure you I am not but this all has made me feel like I am. He also had peeled skin on his hind end crack I think and has struggles with fungal problems for a very long time. What could be wrong with me is my most important question and why is my husband always struggling with this fungus. He thinks but doesn t know but he thinks its ringworm but I know its some type of fungus for sure and I don t know what else he could get if he only takes showers and not everyday like I try to drill into his head. I can feel what ever this problem is in my fingers and they tingle and it creeps me out and makes him think I m crazy and its making me very angry and I feel like I have the plague or even him too. I notice my cousin itching a lot and my aunt has liquid bandaid in spots on her chest and said it was chiggers. She doesn t work outside or even go anywhere near where chiggers would be and I know this. I ve lived in the country my entire life. Please please can you help me and tell me what I need to take or do to end this all???? I am broke because I have spent all our money on bombing the house and cars. Usingf disinfecting wipes non stop and I even sometimes spray bug repel on me and Ive used a lot of bleach and mold and mildew remover. I am worn out from cleaning up after all my family after bathing and such because I really have become obsevvive with making sure everything is clean and researched trying to find out the problems or more than likely problems.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think u are suffering from immunosuppresion diseases like hiv or hbsag.and these symptoms are not related any other condition.treat the condition symptomatically .first treat the cough with sputum with antibiotic twice daily.treat the fungal infection with atarax 25 mg at night.oral flucanazole 150 mg weekly once for 4 -6 weeks
Answered: Fri, 25 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor