Severe itch around the anus

severe itch around the anus and surrounding area
Sat, 6 Aug 2011
's  Response
severe itch around the anus can be due to many reasons like,dry skin,excessive washing,chemical and food irritants,some medications,over use of laxation,haemorroids,worm infestation,bacterial and fungal infection,inadequate cleaning.the main treatment is treat the cause 1st.creams containing hydrocortisone can alsso apply for 2 to 3weeks it suppreses the inflammation and itch.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it may be due to worm infestation or some thing else consult dermatologist and get a check up and get proper treatment
mebex 1 tab twice daily for 3 days and application of gentian violet 1% around anus may be helpful