Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Severe injury near ribs, soreness, pain on lifting things, turning. Cure for pain?

After standing on the hitch of a dump truck, reaching for something, I slipped and fell~not a far ways~but with all my weight, I hit my left side near the bottom of ribs. It is now a week later, and the soreness is extreme when I lift things or turn a certain way. (There is zero external bruising) Today seemed worse than before. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi , i have read your query. since you fell with all your weight on left sided ribs
you must have your xray AP view chest done to see any fracture of rib because even after a week ,soreness is there so get your xray done send us the reporting or discuss with your doctor till then apply hot pack 30 mins in morning and in evening take painkiller on when pain is severe and do no lift heavy things.
Answered: Thu, 28 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor