Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe headaches with vision problem, drowsiness and irregular period

i'm a 19 year old female who has been suffering from headaches intermittently for around 2yrs, but in the last 4-5 months they have become more severe. They usually occur first thing in the morning as a dull ache behind my eyes which radiates down into the back of my head and beginning of my neck. i also suffer from vision problems with decreased visual acuity as well as periods of shaky, blurred vision. i also have twitches which begun with just my eylids at first but have now gone on to affect my hands, cheeks, upper arms, legs and feet, with me sometimes having twitches in 2 or 3 areas at the same time. I also experienced numbness and tingling in my arms and legs and severe drowsiness even though i get approximately 7-10hrs of sleep each night as well as an additional 1-3hour long nap each day. i also have a history of hirsutism, clitoromegaly and irregular periods (although polycystic ovaries has been ruled out). my gp put me on inderal as he suspected migraines but this didn't work, just as all the other otc pain relievers havent either. any clues as to what i could possibly be suffering from would be greeatly appreciated as i'm beginning to worry that it could be something serious such as a brain tumor! Thanks =]
Asked On : Wed, 21 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  381
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response


Thanks for consulting healthcaremagic. I appreciate your faith on us. This cannot be said as brain tumor initially without further investigations. But it would be better for you to consult  a Neurologist for this purpose. Many a times, simple anxiety and tension headaches produce a similar picture.

Answered: Fri, 30 Apr 2010
Infertility Specialist Dr. Nandita Thakkar's  Response
Its absolutely understandable that you are anxious about all the symptoms you have mentioned
the headaches and menstrual problems can be interconnected and needs proper evaluation and management
it will be best if you can meet a gynaecologist or an endocrine specialist and sort your problems
Dr Nandita Thakkar
Answered: Tue, 8 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You have to go for CT Scan/ MRI Brain to rule out any disorder. Your blurred vision may be due to change in eyesight. Regarding your numbness & twitching you need to see Neuro-Physician which will be taken care of, as it can be to nervous problem. Take care thanks.
Answered: Tue, 8 Nov 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor