Severe headaches, tension headache. Prescribed paxidep cr. Safe to take?

My 20 year old son has had severe headaches since 2009. The doctor has now suggessed Tension Headache and has prescribed paxidep cr 12.5mg once daily for the two and half years that he will be in the university from OCtober 2012. My son is in University. Is this medicine good for his age and studying? I am now scared after reading all these side effects on the internet. Can it be withdrawn without side effects? How long should he take it?
Tue, 3 Dec 2013