Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Severe headaches on the right of head and neck with tangled speech, eye twitching, dizziness. Cause?

Hi. I m 18 years old and over the past 6 months or so I ve been getting really bad headaches on the right side of my head and neck . No medicine helps and recently over about the past 2 months its gotten worse.. I forget things more often my speech gets tangled and I forget complete conversations directly after the conversation or in the middle of it. My eye twitches and I get dizzy.what is the cause of this most likely?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting the question in HCM
Let me tell you that headache can be due to various reasons like migraine, brain tumor, brain infections, problems in the blood vessel of the brain etc. One strong possibility is that the constellation of symptoms that you have described could be due to migraine. How ever, one has to understand that migraine is a diagnosis of exclusion that means other treatable conditions that result in headache which i have listed above need exclusion before the diagnosis of migraine is made.
The fact of the matter is that you also have dizziness and slurring of speech too. Hence i advise you to undergo a detailed neurological assessment by a neurologist. The next step would be to get a CT scan or even MRI scan of the brain mainly to exclude secondary causes that we have discussed above. If your evaluation by neurologist and scans are normal, you donot have to worry much and you will benefit with anti-migraine medicines. Please see a local neiurologist.
Hope this will help you
Good health
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor