Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Severe headache, neck pain, vomit, acidity. Taking ibuprofen. What is the treatment?

I am 32 yrs male. I experience severe headache in the back side of head and neck , I have observed that whenever I am having acidity I have headache, most of the time I have to vomit , when I take pain killers like ibuprofen I feel normal. Please, tell what type of headache is this and why do this occur and what is the treatment?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Taseenathar,
Thanks for writing your query.
Pain in the back side of head and neck associated with nausea or vomiting can suggest towards Cervical spondylosis as one cause.
You should get a MRI scan done of your head and neck and get yourself examined by an orthopedic surgeon and a Neurophysician.
You can take pain killer and muscle relaxant along with antacid for relief from your symptoms of pain. Medicines should be taken under medical supervision only.
You can aplly local pain relieving gel after hot fomentation on neck for relief of pain.Physiotherapy will also be helpful and you can take advice from your treating doctor about the precautions to be followed. Avoid sleeping on thick pillows and also avoid posture which strains your neck.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor