Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Severe hair fall, no improvement with medicines, on Desval for neurology problem. Permanent remedy?

I am 24 Years old. Main 7 saal se Desval ER500 Le rahi hun. Because I have minor neurology Problem. Meri problem ye hai k mujhe kai saalo se hair fall hai. maine kai doctors se 1 month ka treatment lia. par sab temporary Results dete hai. I am healthy and fit. meri diet bhi acchi hai. Doctors se medicene ka puchA to wo kehte medicene se koi problem nai hai balki issme to iron hai ye to acchi hai hair fall k lie. now please doctor help me koi permanent solution batayie meri hair fall k lie
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Alka,
You seem to be suffering from Telogen Effluvium. Its a kind of hair fall that occurs with stress, chronic illness and prolonged medicine use(desval can cause this kind of hair fall, infact most of the antiepileptics do.So no need to change the medicine). At times thyroid disorders and iron deficiency can also lead to this kind of hairfall. So get your thyroid profile and serum ferritin checked. In the meanwhile take a good high protein diet. Eggs, nuts, lean meats, sardines and salmon, soy products not only contain protein but also other hair friendly micronutrients. take a good oral biotin and selenium/ copper rich supplement. apply minoxidil lotion 2% twce in a day. You discontinued your doctors treatment after a month, just wanted to highlight one month is too short time to have results with any therapy. you can also discuss PRP., stem cell factor therapy with your dermatologist. Remember stress can also aid hair fall so try some mind calming activities to remain stress free. take care.
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor