Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Severe hair fall after changing place. Treatment to control hair fall other than propecia tablet?

Hi I am male 24 years old and living in London, I use to have very thick hairs when I moved to London but after that they were getting worst and worst. It s been 4 years I reside in London . 5 years ago I used some hair straightening creams on my hair and now the situation is I have lost almost 50% of my hairs and having hair fall . Could you please suggest me any treatment except propecia tablet as it causes many side effects
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Annas , thanks for your query , you are suffering from male patterned baldness and as you said that you had done hair straightening this might as well be a contributing factor as the creams and ironing done during the procedure of hair straightening damage the cuticle ie the protective cover of hair leading to hair loss . You have to use the following treatment : Tab Biotin 10 mg ( BTN ULTRA) 1 OD for atleast 3 months along with minoxidil 5 % solution with 1.5% aminexil 1 ml to be applied twice daily on the scalp and do use a mild OR neutral PH shampoo like MILDY OR SCALPY Imp instructions: Do wash your hands after applying minoxidil
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor