Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Severe gastric problems, quit smoking. HbsAg negative, fatty liver, high SGOT, SGPT. Cause of worry?

i m 36 male used to smoke but now a non smoker(from last 2 months),recently i was having severe gastric doc advised me to have hbsAg , ultrasonography , endoscopy sgpt-104,sgot-64,bilirubin-1.1,with HBSag -ve and fatty liver was there anything to worry?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  410
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Let me know the reports of your endoscopy also.
With described symptoms, there is high chances of peptic ulcer disease.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria is responsible for peptic ulcer treatment and eradication is essential for complete relief.
You should take frequent small amount meals.
Your liver function test is also deranged and it appears to be due to fatty liver.
You should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics for relief of your symptoms.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Avoid tomatoes, legumes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, spicy and oily food.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Geriatrics Specialist Dr. Surendiran Gaj's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
i completely understand your problem
The normal range of values for AST (SGOT) is from 5 to 40 units per liter of serum
The normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.
your sgot and sgpt levels are high
Dietary fat must be reduced because fat interferes with alcohol metabolism[ if you consume any]. The diet is usually supplemented with vitamins and dietary minerals (including calcium and iron)
Cessation of alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking,
increasing exercise are lifestyle recommendations
just routinely follow up your consultant for further procedings
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran hcmagic
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor