Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Severe ear pain, diagnosed with otomycosis. No relief with otospirin drops, pevitin cream, rifixim tablets. How can I relieve this pain?

I am Raihan from Bangladesh.i have severe pain in my ears last seven days.when i consult with my doctors after 3 days later, he diagonis it as a otomycosis and advised me to give otospirin ear drops and pevitin oienment 3 times a day along with rifixim tablet for oral .besides i use voltarin supositor two times in this period.but still now i am suffering.would you please suggest what should i do at this stage and how i am able to relief from this severe pain?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response


If your Dr has diagnosed with otomycosis then I would say that it takes a really long time to treat. The medicines given to you are right and it helps in reducing the fungal infection. You need to be consistent with treatment for atleast 15 days or more for it to get better.
Continue the ear drops for 15 days and make sure you keep the ear dry. Use cotton with oil/vasline to your ear while taking a shower. If haven't got your blood sugar checked recently then its advisable to get it done as Otomycosis is very common in diabetics.

I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Divya
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
if it is otomycosis
you take antifungal medicine terbinafine 250 mgm bd for 7-10 days
quadriderm ointment inside ear apply for 2 times with finger inside canal and put candid b ear drops once a day at night 2 drops
for pain you can take diclofenic +seropeptidase twice a day
keep ears dry no water inside ear
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor