Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Severe disc herniation in L4-L5, disc fissures. Undergoing decompression therapy. Permanent cure?

hi, i am 30 years old suffering from a serious disc herniation in l4-l5, i am having a decompression therapy and other therapies and it s working. i am asking if there is there is any supplements to take to heal my disc fissures after i finish the therapy, and to strengthen my disc. Glucosamine , chondroitine or collagen are useful to take as food supplements. I will appreciate any reply, Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
for the disc herniation there is no special supplements that will u in this regard use calcium tablets and those glucosamine pills, the best thing that i can advise u is PHYSIOTHERAPY regularly..this will help u a lot..and use LS SPINE belt.

hope this will help u
Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor