Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Your cramping pain from hips to ankles is not due to Crystal meth (methamphetamine
) and is highly suggestive of Lumbar disc disease
which implies protrusion of an intervertebral disc
causing compression over the nerve roots.
The initial management of this condition is as follows -
- Avoid lifting heavy weights
- Avoid excessive forward bending activities , if you want to bend forwards, you have to keep your hips and knees in some flexion.
- Use a lumbosacral back support to stabilize your spinal muscles
- Intermittent pelvic traction might be helpful
- Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
is needed to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
- Use analgesics like advil or aleve and muscle relaxants as needed. Vitamin B12 supplements may be helpful.
If your fail to improve with the above measures, an Epidural steroid injection may provide good symptom relief for a few months.
I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for further management.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day