Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Severe cramping during periods, white bumps around the nipple. Urine pregnancy test negative. Need to get blood test done?

I am 3 days late on my period and I ve been cramping really bad it s hard for me to have a bm and I ve noticed these bumps with white at the tip appearing around my nipples. I went to the hospital to get a urine preg test but it came back negative why is that? Should I go get a blood test instead or wait a few more weeks?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCm.

Urine pregnancy test usually shows positive results ten days after missed periods, hormonal levels has to rise to be detected in urine. As you have got your test on 3 days after missed periods, you can wait for one more week and take test again and fallow the instructions given in leaflet.
Blood HCG test is more sensitive in early detection of pregnancy. Under guidance of qualified doctor you can get it done.

Cramping pain in abdomen could be due to start of menstrual periods. Wait for few more days. Some amount of pain during periods are common.

If you have severe pain you can consult doctor for examination and prescription of medications.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Thu, 2 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor