Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Severe chronic middle to upper back pain and chest pain. Suggest

I have had severe chronic middle to upper back pain and chest pain since having a bad fall a year ago that resulted in several fractured ribs. All my x-rays seem normal, but my muscle tension in and around my upper spine is abnormally tense. My doctor has put me on tramadol and robaxin for the last 7 months and I am still having chronic pain and back spasms. I have also been experiancing almost an electric shock wave followed with numbness that starts in my upper spine and radiates through my arms, hands and fingers. Please help, these symptoms are becoming more frequent and unbarable.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Tromadol should not be taken for so long.take hot compression. physiotherapy should be taken. Topical analgesic like deepact may be applied.
Answered: Tue, 8 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor