Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Severe chills and body aches lasting about 2 hours, please help

My husband has sudden severe chills and body aches . Last night before bed he suddenly had body aches and went to bed. About 2:00 in the morning he woke up with severe chills. His body was shaking the entire bed and his teeth were chattering. There was nothing he could do to get warm and his entire body ached. About 4:30 in the morning, it subsided. This has happened many times in his life, about 3 times this year. He went to work today, but is extremely tired and sore . We have been to the emergency room once, but they could find nothing wrong. He also has a stint near his heart . He just had a checkup, cholesterol was a little high, but not bad, blood pressure fine. Help!
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I almost have the same symptoms, but my chills are usually when I wake-up in the morning. I shake so bad that I cannot keep sugar on a spoon for coffee. After 30 minutes the chills are gone, but the chills cause every muscle in my body to hurt the rest of the day. This is just a guess that it may be bradicardia, meaning my heart is not beating fast enough to circulate my blood to warm my extrmenities. I am 57 years old, and work everyday. Both parents died from Parkinsons, could this be an early sign of Parkinsons?
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
Welcome to healthcare magic.I would like to know, if that episode was fever related chills or a siezure/ convulsion. Was there any rigidity of the hands of limbs, did you notice any kind of uprolling of eyes, any disfigurement of face or involuntary micturition/defecation during any of the spells of which you have mentioned, he had had during his life.From the kind of history you have given, suggests more of a siezure.Had he underwent any investigations.A complete blood count,rule out the infectious diseases common in your locality,an ECG, an EEG as well.You need to go to a medical physician, and get an elaborate checkup, as there could be much beyond what you see as chills which can be very well treated.
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor