Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Severe chest congestion with phlegm and tightness. Severe body aches. Treatment?

Onset of severe chest congestion and tightness. Extreme body aches particularly in neck and back. Back sensitive to touch feels like blistered sunburn . All this started within 12 hours and literally can t stand up right. After taking muccinex very loud crackle rattle in chest and coughed up thick green phlem. Temp of 101. I am 34 yo active fit female. Never felt so sick in life
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are having quite severe symptoms of cough with expectoration and fever which indicate respiratory tract infection and tightness in chest is possibly due to bronchospasm.
You should see a Physician and get yourself evaluated and if required investigated with CBC,Sputum for bacterial c&s and X ray chest and if there is infection and bronchitis you will need Bronchodialator through Nebulizer and antibiotics and cough expectorants and mucolytic agents along with paracetamol for fever, In severe case we may have to use Corticosteroids for short period.
If it is post viral bronchitis it should resolve in few days, and if you are too sick it is better to get hospitalize and take proper treatment.
Please take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor