Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your concern regarding your girlfriend's health problems. Now, the most common cause of gastritis
is excessive acid production in the stomach which can be associated with ulceration of the stomach or duodenal mucosal lining.
Certain medication can also aggravate hyperacidity
and cause gastritis. Yasmin is a hormonal
tablet and is known to aggravate gastritis. I'm not sure what medication, which she has take for the gastritis, has caused her constipation
. However, irrespective of medication, it is very important to follow dietary modifications when a person has recurrent gastritis.
You can suggest her the following tips:
1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking
and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits. This will avoid the constipation problem.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits. Physical exercise is not only important for good digestion, but will also be helpful for her PCOS.
6) Drinking cold milk frequently can help with relieving the acidity and the pain
7) Try to avoid stress
and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation
If her gastritis is very severe and troubling , the she can try a course of medication. Like I said, I'm not sure which medication for gastritis has caused her constipation, but there are different options available . Please discuss these options with her doctor.
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen