Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe bilateral knee pain, locked knees, on walking, standing up, chronic condition. Treatment?

I have severe bilateral knee pain after walking short distances and while trying to stand up. I feel as if my knees are locked when I walk and without any strength. Pain is present even when I sleep. Some days I can t tell if pain is in the knees or the muscles surrounding them. Some pain present for last 12 months, but became more severe in last 3-4 months...
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi if you are above 40 these could be suggestive of osteoarthritis .
You need to star muscle strengthening exercises, apply pain relieving gels or use OTC analgesics.
An xray knee in standing position is indicated.
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Acupressure Specialist Dr. A.K.Sangal,M.D (Acu.&Mag.)'s  Response
place south pole of med power magnets to both side of your knee for half an hour twice a day 10 days and report
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor