Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Severe backache since one year

i m 58 male and hd severe backache since 1yr. took lot of no improvement. no fracture suggest some tt.n some information on how osteopathy can help me.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
since you are suffering from backache since last 1 yr & not responding to treatment, You sould get an MRI done. Mri will only reveal whether you require a surgical intervention for complete cure or a physiotherapy might be sufficient
Take care
Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The common causes of back pain at this age if there is no injury is ankylosing spondylitis or disc prolapse. In both the cases you need to take good pain killers with muscle relaxants.Regular physiotherapy will also help you a lot.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor