Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Severe back pain, get relief only with hydrocodone (Lortab), but is not recommended by doctors. Reason?

Hey my name is Kevin. I have been suffering from back pain for a few years now even though I am only 20 years old. Every time I go to a doctor they keep giving me medicine that doesn t help the pain at all. The ones I get prescribed the most is Tramadol (Ultram) and Cyclobenzaprine ( Flexeril ). Neither help me with the pain. The only relief I have ever had was when I was prescribed hydrocodone (Lortab) but most doctors refuse to prescribe those for my pain. Why?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi, you would benefit from back exercises/ physiotherapy and certain postural changes. If you have a sedentary job, sit with your back supported, preferably on an ergonomic chair. Also, avoid lifting anything heavy. Doctors prefer not to prescribe certain medications because of side effects from long term use.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor