Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Severe back pain after drinking highly carbonated alcoholic drink quickly. What to do ?

after dinking a highly carbonated alcoholic drink quickly, i experience severe back pain . it seems to be deeper than just muscle though. this time around it was so painful it brought me to tears . this has happend one other time; another very carbonated alcoholic drink. I drink alcohol often, but this has only happend on the two rare occations i have chosen to drink soda-like alcohol. i do not drink soda often, and find myself feeling full after only half a can when i do drink them.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Taking carbonated alcoholic drinks can cause muscle cramps leading to the pain like you are having in the back. usually this pain is short lasting and is relieved after taking plenty of fluids and fresh juices orally.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor