Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Severe acne, pus filled pimples that leave a scar, no improvement with various medicines. What should be done?

i am 26 years old, height 5.5, female. Since last 6 months, I am having severe acne problems. I have tried many tablets like monocycline, doxycycline ,azithromycine and oinments containing clindamycin , nicotonamide, adapalene but nothing seems to work. i am still getting huge pus filled pimples which last for 10-12 days and leaves a scar . Please suggest what to do?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
you are 26 year old and having acne ..usually this is the age when acne stops appearing in most people.. but as i can make put, you have tried various oral as well as topical agents for acne..

few general precautions before we come to the medical treatment of your condition:

1. Avoid using any oily creams or lotions over face as much as possible. you can however use oil free moisturisers

2. Wash your face frequently inorder to keep it dry

3. Drink plenty of water

4. Try to avoid eating dry fruits

5.Avoid touching or squeezing of pimples as it leads to scar formation

6. Avoid Hair oil

7. Most importantly, avoid stress is a known factor which increases acne

Now if inspite of all the above drugs that u have tried , u still are facing this problem then i think you are an ideal candidate for isotretinoin therapy...I would suggest that you see a skin specialist so that you can be assessed regarding the need for isotretinoin according to the severity of your lesions

hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor