Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Severe Social anxiety

Hi I suffer from severe social anxiety. I have read that CBT is helpful. Please advice me on how to go about it and whom to contact. I live in bangalore.

Asked On : Sat, 13 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  382
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. CBT is done at any rehabilitation centres.. NIMHANS would be the best place for this. But it would take some time to get an appointment there as it is a central institute.. You may contact a clinical psychologist near your locality and check with him.. If you do not have one then you may search for one near your place.. I shall give you a link in  helping you do this..

Hope you find it useful

Answered: Sun, 14 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor