Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Several small skin growths that look like skin tag on the body, tender, no puss. What is it ?

My son (he is 9 with no medical conditions we are aware of) has several small skin growths that look similar to a skin tag that have developed on his body. One on his hip, one on his arm , one on his chest Any idea what they could be - I tried to squeeze one to see if puss came out - nothing came out; it appeared slightly bloody after all the squeezing and was tender to the touch.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

thanks for posting your query.

i can understand your concern.

it could be either skin tags or seborrheic keratoses. these are like dead skin.

i would recommend that you visit a dermatologist who can diagnose what it is and for their removal by getting them burnt off. the procedure is an office procedure which takes 30 mins.

Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor