Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Several moles, large bump on back filled with pus, blood. Is this a mole?

My husband had a large red bump on his back a couple of weeks ago and it turned to what looked like a large pimple with pus and blood -it is swelling ( not as big) and bleeding and still has pus. Does not bleed all the time just when I push out the pus. He has several moles on his back and has had melanoma -could this be a mole gone really bad?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

It seems your husband having inflamed sebaceous cyst.

Rupture of normal cyst due to pressure pokes out its contents from the sac.

This leads to irritaion of skin and secondary infection.

Do not try to rupture it .

Ask him to take antiinflamatory drugs .

It will be better to consult your doctor and get treatment accordingly.

Hope this will solve your problem.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 10 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor