Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Septic arthritis in the hips and knees from STD. Pain in the spot where PICC line is inserted, shoulder and chest. Should I be concerned?

I m 31 yes old no health problems got septic arthritis in my hips and knees from a std went the hospital stayed for a week than came home with a picc line had it in for 14 days no problems infection was gone but now I have pain in my arm where the line was its been about a month now also chest pain shoulder pain what should I do
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Damien,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
STD Related septic arthritis is a lethal problem because it has a component of systemic sepsis,
If the infection is no more then PICC line should be also taken out because it can be per se a source of infection.
You need a physical examination by your physician and get base line investigations like Chest X Ray, Electrocardiogram, Complete Blood Counts, Renal Function Test, Liver Function Test, Ultrasound Abdomen, Urine Compete Examination.
This work up is expected to detect the any remnant problem so a definite treatment could be provided if needed.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Answered: Thu, 2 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor