Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Sensorineural hearing loss in ears. Any treatment available?

sir i have a sensorineural hering loss in both ears, left more than rt is there any treatment available. i want to recover in almost 5-6 months, as i hav to appear for medicals in aviation cadre losses r like right ear 30db at 3k, 45db at 4k, 30db at 6k, 35db at 8k left ear 45db at 3k, 55db at 4k, 70db at 6k, 55db at 8k weather ayurveda treatment is available for this i hav a history of being exposed to sudden loud noise of guns, now as i m away for last one month i had an improvement in audiogram as rt ear 30 db at 4k, instead of 45 earlier left ear 35 db at4k against 55 db earlier and 45 at 8k against 55
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  1406
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

There is effective, assured treatment for sensorineural hearing loss in Ayurveda. There are procedures (panchakarma treatments) which are done to strengthen inner ear and vestibulococlear nerve. So its helpful even in the case of degeneration.

You can use medicated oil (karna taila) which has to be put into ears. But you have to consult an Ayurvedic physician for complete treatment.

To avoid these type of problems, as a preventive care, Ayurvedic 'daily regimens' (dinacharya) suggest putting oils into ears (karna poorana) daily. This is the best method to keep your ears healthy and sharp even in old age.

Wishing you good health

Dr. Vinayak Hebbar
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. because you said that audiogram has shown improvement, thus you should take drugs with nervine action (Immunomodualtion) and with ability to regenerate nerves like "Ashwagandha-Brihat vaat chintamani Ras-sarivadi vati, Brahmi, Jatamansi,Tulsi,Abhrak Bhasam,Bhringraj" after consulting with Ayurveda physician.
2. If perforation is not there you can also go ahead with "Karnpooran"
3. mephites is one homeopathic medicine which has given good results to me in such cases, you can consult with a Homeopathic Doctor regarding the same.
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns.

i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints

treatment plan;

in homeopathy the selection of medicine is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.the aim of the homeopathy is not only treat the hearing loss but to address its underlying causes and individual susceptibility.

consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints. or mail me at
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 4 users find this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor