Sensitive tooth. Unable to brush my teeth

I noticed since yesterday morning i am getting excessive sensitivity of my teeth while brushing. Iam unable to brush my teeth.
Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Dentist 's  Response
You should get a check up by a dentist to know whether any tooth is decayed or not or you have generalized attrition/abrasion of your teeth. If you have generalized sensitivity you can use Sensodyne/ Colgate sensitive/ Senquel F tooth pastes twice daily till the sensitivity resolves.
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
Dentist Dr. Ravi Shah's  Response
Dear friend.
Sensodyne or any other desensitzing toothpaste is not going to take care of the sensitivity caused by decay, fracture or crack in the tooth.
These tooth paste are used only for minor sensitivities where the above conditions are absent.
First thing to do is get thorough dental check up done to rule out this things.
Is sensitivity generalized or in any particular tooth?
When does it aggravate?
Does it stay even after removal of stimulus e.g. cold water?
Is there sensitivity to heat as well?

mrinalini subramaniam's  Response

Dont neglect. Show to a good dentist as soon as possible. You may be having caries or something which requires urgent attention.

Dentist Dr. Akbar's  Response
use novamin containing tooth paste TWICE DAILY by warren pharma SHY-NM.AND SENQUEL MOUTHWASH
rachna's  Response
may be because of some vitamin deficiency...so it is better to take vitamin tablets and calcium supplementatio...
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Why worry so much withh all questions in your mind and spoil your sleep??? Walk up to a dentist office, get it checked na.

anne's  Response
it is because of the loss of protective layer on the teeth. it doubt it is sensitive teeth because during brushing there will be no symptoms. while you eat or drink you will have symptom. check this first
Madhuban Tripathy's  Response

I have a similar problem but sensitivity in my teeth has been there for months.My gums had receded over a period of time due to forceful brushing. I am very careful to use the extra sensitive brush, no force while brushing. The sensitivity is still there. I met two dentists. One of them suggested that sensitivity will be there for some time and then it will get ok if I do not brush hard. The other one said that once enamel is eroded and I start feeling the cold sensation, it is not likely that it will go away so I have to just take precautions as it cannot be cured.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

If this is the first time u r having sensitive tooth and suddenly started, and no other problem like bleeding etc, maybe its due to some  very hot or cold thing u ate or drank. wait few days. it may go away. use special toothpaste for sensitive teeth and  brush very very gently.