Sensation of throat obstruction, have cold. Possibly strep throat. Suggestion?

Hi, I read a past symptom regarding a throat sensation as if a corn kernel was stuck to the back of a woman s throat. I have this same problem and asked our M.D. Residents in my Psychiatric unit at the County Hospital and they informed me that I probably have strep throat . I am tired more than usual from this cold that I ve had for approximately 5 weeks + now, but their concern is that because I m a psychotherapist on the children s ward, I should not be working with patients during this time. I have many many sick families in my office and more than likely could have had someone with strep, but there s no way of knowing for sure.
Mon, 18 Feb 2013