Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Sensation of having lump in throat. What to do ?

I have the sensation of having a lump in my throat . It s like. tonsilitis without the pain. It s really worrying but my doc said it s maybe an allergy or anxiety . I don t know what to do about it. My throat also feels like it s sticking together when I m lying in bed. I have a really dry throat but drink plenty of.water most.days.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Do you have reflux or acidity or do you snore at night ?
If yes then take ---
Antacid tablet +Domperidom
Syp. antacid gel 2 tsf two times a day half an hour before meals
multivitamin twice daily
Keep head end of bed elevated.
Avoid alcohol, Smoking
Do brisk walking daily
Go for walk after dinner
Avoid spicy food     
Avoid late night coffee

As reflux is a very common reason for recurrent sore throat, and snoring causes more of reflux.
So first treat that.
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor