Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Semen report shows sperm count, liquification, consistency and excessive pus cells. Suggest?

I need some experts comments of below report. My PUS Cells 8-10 which are more than standards (1-2). I need your expert opinion to overcome this problem. Kindly also advise about my other tests after go through below report.I will highly thankful to you in this regard. Thank you SEMEN REPORT IS AS UNDER: Volume 2.10 mL Color Creamy White Consistency Thick Reaction Alkaline Liquification 30 MIN AT 37 C PUS Cells / WBC 8-10 / HPF RBCs 1-2 / HPF Epithelial Cells RARE Sperm Count 90 MILLION / ML Active 65% Sluggish 10% Dead 25% Kindly recommend the best medicine to recover my excessive PUS Cells
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Thanks for your query.and posting report of your Semen Analysis .

Presence of 8-10 pus cells is suggestive of infection either in Seminal Vesicle or Prostate.

Get your Ultrasound Scanning and Routine urine tests done to confirm this.

Take some antibiotics like Augmentin twice daily for 2 weeks Infection should get subsided with this treatment.

Repeat your Semen Analysis after 1 month. to see the status of infection
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your semen analysis report indicates normal sperm count (normal is > 15 ml as per WHO 2010).

The motility is within normal limit (as per WHO 2010, grade a should be >25% or all total >50%).

The pus cells, RBCs are increased( as per WHO 2010, normal semen should not contain any pus cells or RBCs).

So, overall, your report indicates that you are suffering from urogenital infection. A broad spectrum antibiotic like ciprofloxacin should be considered. Alongwith that you have to take coenzyme q and vitamin E.

Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor