Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis to achieve pregnancy

Hi doctor , I have spent 8 months with my wife, but I couldn t get her pregnant . Doctor advised me to do semen analysis test. I followed her advice and got the following result. In the test result it is written normal, but I am still confused as 1 more month after the test went in vain. Below mentioned is my result. Please guide me accordingly. I did test in. Waiting for your kind response. Thanks Semen Analysis: Physical Examination volume: 3.5ml , Reaction: Alkaline, Viscosity: Normal, Liquefication time: 45 minutes, Microscopic Examination: Motility: progressive: 70% , non progressive 10%, non motile: 20% , Total count: 72 N:60-150 millions/cc Morphology: Pin headed, double tail, giant headed seen Pus cells: 2-4/HPF, RBCs: Nil/HPF, Epithelial Cells: Nil/HPF, Spermatogenic Cells: Occasional/HPF Abnormal Forms: 25%
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
According to the details you have given your semen analysis is normal. You didn't mentioned your marital period. If couple could not conceive one year after unprotected intercourse then only it is called as primary infertility.
One more thing you didn't mentioned is the details of your wife.
To treat a case of infertility both husband and wife investigations are needed.
Please mention,
your marital period,
the age of your wife,
whether her cycles are regular or not,
is she having any medical disorders like thyroid abnormalities etc.,
details of any previous infertility treatment,
the period of menstrual cycle when you people spent together,
If you provide above details I can help you.
take care

Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Welcome to health care magic forum,

pregnancy problem is not only from male partner side. to evaluate the cause of it you both husband and wife have to gone through investigation and also to get sex education. sometime due to faulty technique of sex, or sex during safe period, pregnancy is not possible.

for that consult to gynecologist.
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor