Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis report, total sperm count, motility of sperm. Is it normal?

Dear Sir, My age is 34. By profession, I am a Chartered Accountant...long sitting hours. Laboratory report indicates: My semen volume is 2.5 ML, Colour: Creamy, Reaction: Alkaline, PH: 8, Viscocity Liquefaction Time: 1 hour, Fructose test: Positive, Total sperm count: 75 Million/ml, Active motile: 30%, Sluggish motile: 20 %, Non motile: 50%, Pus Cells 1-2/HPF, Macrophages 0-1/HPF, Yeast/Bacteria: Nil, Abnormal forms: 3%, Immature forms: Occasional, Agglutination : Nil, Clumping : Present. Need your advice regarding the above. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  341
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Based on the information provided, here is the analysis of your semen report.

1. Semen volume,colour, total sperm count, fructose test, negative yest or bacteria --are all with in normal rangs.
2. Ph is 8.0 which is high ( though some laboratories mention 7.2-8.0 as normal range, according to WHo 7.8 is cutoff). High Ph is suggestive of infection.
3. Liquefaction time >1 hour is abnormal and is suggestive of infection. ( normally semen should liquify with in 20 mins. Hence liquefaction time greater than 30 mins is abnormal. Few people consider up to 60 min as normal).
4.Sperm motility is less and is suggestive of asthenospermia ( According to guidelines 50% or above sperms should show active forward motility).
5. Pus cells 1-2 is abnormal ( normally no pus cells should be found).

Finally i would like to say that you have asthenospermia ( which is also due to infection) along with a genital infection.

Do not worry. Using antibiotics like Doxycycline should help you to get rid of infection. nce the infection is cleared all the parameters should reach normal values.

Please see an Andrologist and take his advice on the above mentioned treatment.

Wish you a healthy life.
Take Care

Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor