Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Semen analysis report, sperm count, motility. Treatment and duration?

Dear Sir, My semen analysis report is below: Volume: 0.5 ml colour: Grey white Viscosity: Normal Liquification time: within 30 mts Motility: 1 Hr. Active: 05% Sluggish: 03% Dead: 02% Fractose: Normal Pus cells: 3-5/hpf Total sperm count: 5 millions/ml I understand that the sperm count is very less. Please let me know what type of treatment I should take and for how long.
Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

There is no effective treatment yet formulated to improve the sperm count.

A tab named CO Q forte is one newer with good result and can be tried.There are assisted reproductive techniques where the sperm is concentrated and inseminated into your partner.You can go to such procedures if you are planning a baby.

Wish you the best.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir, Kindly I need to know if my semen analysis report are within normal ranges or not Vol. =2.5ml, alkaline ph8.0, sperm conc. 41million per ml , total count=103 million per ejac , liquifed after 30min , motility after 30min is 55% , after 1hr is 50% , after 2hrs is 45% , after 3hrs is 40% , progressive motility is 40% , non progressive motility is 15% , immotile is 45% , total abnormal is 30% , spermatogenic cells is 500,000 per ml , pus cells is 1 million per ml ((Noting that the Biological refrence interval is 1million per ml as stated in the report)) , red blood cells is 0-1/H.P.F So what is my opportunity from having a child or not ??

doctor1 MD

My Sperm Count is 25 Millions/ml , Actively Motile 30%, Sluggishly Motile 5%, Non-motile 65% and Abnormal Forms 90% Is it possible for me to produce the normal sperm in a required percentage?. or what kind of treatments I should take?? Please advise me.......

doctor1 MD

semen test done it is normal or not? volume - 2ml, viscosity - normal, ph- 8.0, fructose - positive, sperm count - 40m/ml total motility - 40%, motility-progressive -30% ,motility non progressive : 10% motility immotile: 60% viability:45%,abnormal forms :5%.

Recent questions on  Saturated fat

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My TMT Report says: XXXXXXX Protocol. V. Good effort tolerance. Achieved % of THR at Mets of workload Normotensive response. No Arrythmias / Angina ST depression of more than 1 mm in L2! V5, V6 and more than 0.5 mm in L3, arF / V2, V3,...

doctor1 MD
doctor1 MD

i am 36 yrs. old. height5.5 feet, weight heart beat is very fast, at times it also skips, i am left breathless, i am using oils containing poly unsaturated fats for cooking etc.. can the use of pure olive oil for direct consumption and regular use of a blended oil containing olive & rice bran in the ratio 30:70 help me overcome this health problem.

doctor1 MD

Hello Ive read about the Atkins and jetogenic diets;of course there is no such easy path to reducing weight and im thin as it is already however i exercise moderately and never been intense with programs.I find eating in moderation and keeping to a low complex carb, decent protein and high good saturated fats such as virgin cocnut oil, MCT oil, cashews,olives,peanuts, to be quite rewarding. Not to mention I dont exclude my fairshare of vitamin and roughage in diet. So Am I doing the right thing? How much monounsaturated and medium chain fatty acids should I use? When does ketosis become dangerous? Cause I ve heard neg reactions to Atkins and ketogenic diet. What is right for me?

doctor1 MD

I have high cholesterol(247 total number) weight 130 lbs and 5'6". Im taking 1000mg of fish oil at bedtime. Is it ok to take fish oil at bedtime? Any other supplements that are good at lowering cholesterol? Im am on a strict low saturated fat diet as well

doctor1 MD

my son is on adderall (slow fast acting 25m) but only in school. In july he had his blood work and it came back with elevated enzymes ast 68 alt 86. The weeks prior to taking his blood work he ate boxes of donuts and croissants which is high in saturated fats. He is 17, plays basketball and weighs 178 lbs. His pcp is taking further tests to find out what other factors might be in play for his high liver enzymes. So worried.