Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis done, Azoospermia, recommended blood tests to check hormone levels. Alternate solution?

I m 33 yrs male, got semen analysis done and report showed NIL sperms ( Azoospermia ). earlier though I have tests showing 50 mil/m , 45 mil/m least being 19 mil/ml once. Doctor didn t even suggested re-test. She recommended blood test to check hormonal levels, is there any other possible reasons. Doctor told hat might be testes have stopped producing sperms. Can you suggest any alternate explanations for the same, should I get another test done.
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das
Azoospermia may occur due to variety of diseases like blockage in the pathway of semen, stoppage of sperm production by testes.
In this case, you need a thorough work up like hormone analysis and scrotal ultrasonography which indicates the problem whether it is present in testes or in the hormonal pathway. Thats all.
Answered: Mon, 3 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor