Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Seizure type attacks with unconsciousness

seizure type attacks with and without consciousness, weakness in all limbs and rubber band legs My problem started about 4 days and they have continuously gotten worse each day I am having a severe attack of what ever is going on. This has happened before just never this severe. I started 4 days ago fainting every time I tried to walk even 10 feet or so. I wasn t loosing complete consciousness but I would go into these horrible seizure like attacks that would violently thrust me to the ground and then fling me forwards and backwards. Then I started having extreme weakness in my hands (primarily left) that made it hard to carry anything knowing at any time I could drop it because with no warning I would loose my grip and I had 0 strength to pick it up. Then it moved to my legs where they felt like rubber bands and could barely withstand my weight. They start wobbling and I have no control over them. It is even hard to move them from my bed to the floor without having to physically pick them up and place them on the floor. I am completely freaked out at this point. I also have a ton of other things going but I dont know if they are related or not like aches and pain all over like being bruised with out the bruise. And just an achieness all over my body. I am hoping someone can give me a little guidance as to what is causing all of this. Other symptoms (not sure if they are related or not) are Slight numbness of left leg almost complete short term memory loss blurred vision head aches loss of apetite nausia dry mouth hard to swallow I am pretty sure all of this has been happening on and off for about 10 months. However the ruber band legs has only happened twice. Can someone please help me on this. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  350
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
General Surgeon 's  Response
it is urgent and you should get yourself admitted in a hospital under neurologist's care
thorough investigation required to reach a diagnosis
you need c t scan /m r i to rule out any condition involving brain
do not delay
hope you be all right
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Jerina, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
You have described your symptoms in great details but not whether you have taken any treatment for this. Any particular diagnosis was made or not? There are a number of possibilities like epilepsy-- focal or generalised, stroke or multiple sclerosis to name a few. Please consult a neurologist ASAP for proper management.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor