Seizure type attacks with unconsciousness

seizure type attacks with and without consciousness, weakness in all limbs and rubber band legs My problem started about 4 days and they have continuously gotten worse each day I am having a severe attack of what ever is going on. This has happened before just never this severe. I started 4 days ago fainting every time I tried to walk even 10 feet or so. I wasn t loosing complete consciousness but I would go into these horrible seizure like attacks that would violently thrust me to the ground and then fling me forwards and backwards. Then I started having extreme weakness in my hands (primarily left) that made it hard to carry anything knowing at any time I could drop it because with no warning I would loose my grip and I had 0 strength to pick it up. Then it moved to my legs where they felt like rubber bands and could barely withstand my weight. They start wobbling and I have no control over them. It is even hard to move them from my bed to the floor without having to physically pick them up and place them on the floor. I am completely freaked out at this point. I also have a ton of other things going but I dont know if they are related or not like aches and pain all over like being bruised with out the bruise. And just an achieness all over my body. I am hoping someone can give me a little guidance as to what is causing all of this. Other symptoms (not sure if they are related or not) are Slight numbness of left leg almost complete short term memory loss blurred vision head aches loss of apetite nausia dry mouth hard to swallow I am pretty sure all of this has been happening on and off for about 10 months. However the ruber band legs has only happened twice. Can someone please help me on this. Thank you
Fri, 18 Mar 2011
it is urgent and you should get yourself admitted in a hospital under neurologist's care
thorough investigation required to reach a diagnosis
you need c t scan /m r i to rule out any condition involving brain
do not delay
hope you be all right
Dear Jerina, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
You have described your symptoms in great details but not whether you have taken any treatment for this. Any particular diagnosis was made or not? There are a number of possibilities like epilepsy-- focal or generalised, stroke or multiple sclerosis to name a few. Please consult a neurologist ASAP for proper management.